Vision

This week was our first week back at school after Christmas.  Boy, was it chilly!  Us Fort Braggians are used to a very narrow temperature range.  Highs over 65?  We're sweating.  Temperature drops below 50?  We think we're in Antarctica.  Temps for a week that rarely broke 45?  Brrrrrrrr.  We actually saw FROST on our grass!  It's a rough life.

But still, life goes on.

 Our new grammar program has been a hit, so far.  Brynne likes grammar, and this is a program that teaches in manageable, bite-sized portions.

I'm using a new writing curriculum this year.  I'm learning a LOT about teaching writing, but I haven't spent as much time on it as I would like, so it's slow going.  But luckily, the author of the new curriculum has some helps that I can purchase, so we're using a few of those.  Because of that, we read "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes", which is the true story of a little Japanese girl who dies of leukemia (caused by the WWII atom bomb) and her effort to make 1000 paper cranes before she died.  Brynne, Logan, and I were bawling at the end of it, but it prompted a lot of good discussion about war, courage, and making a difference in the world because of small choices that we make.

I had to throw a baby shower on Thursday.  Had to?  With full-time homeschool and life in general, it wasn't good timing, but I pulled it together.  It was super simple and inexpensive by necessity, but it turned out pretty well.

The 'Stache!

Getting set up....


And the biggest news of all....  Thursday turned into quite a hectic day for me.  Because of the baby shower, I had planned my day down to the minute.  I'd forgotten one tiny detail.  When the phone rang at 1:30, I suddenly remembered (and it was a reminder phone call) that Brynne and Logan had appointments with the optometrist that day, and we were late!  ack!  I hustled the kids out to the car to jet over.  Luckily, the optometrist is a church friend, so he's very understanding!  After Brynne went (no new prescription, thank goodness!), it was Logan's turn.  First it looked like Logan would benefit from reading glasses, like Brynne, but upon further examination, the doctor decided that full-time wearing was warranted.  Sooooo, my forgotten appointment ended up taking quite a bit of time as we then had to select a pair of glasses for Logan!  He'll be getting them next week.  He's going to look just like his Daddy - he's pretty excited about that - AND excited about the idea of being able to see what he's reading!  I had a niggling suspicion in the back of my head that he might have eye problems (thus, the appointment), but he never complained of headaches or anything.

Later that day, Logan went to his first dance class.  His teacher put him through a few paces to see what he can do - she said he's very coordinated for his age.   He's excited for this class.  That boy loves to move!

************************

The Natalie toilet training saga continues.  Mostly I just get frustrated because I don't know what to DO.  She does very well if she has no pants on (just a dress).  Otherwise she gets forgetful and doesn't want to take the time to deal with the layers of clothing (or something).  She usually does fine at night...but not always.  I just can't keep her 'nekked' at home all day!  It's been driving me crazy!  I keep reminding myself that this too, shall pass!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back