'May' you always have the wind at your back

 May was a busy but beautiful month.


We finished track and golf up.   Both girls had great seasons and lots of fun.  I was especially impressed by Kenna's golf team (Varsity took 4th at state, btw) for their kindness, cohesiveness, and fantastic coaches.  Looking forward to next year for that!  Natalie didn't make it to districts as she had hoped - 8th grade is more competitive with fewer slots open.  But she still did well and enjoyed it.  I think the girls finally had decent weather the last week of practices - they both toughed out almost the entire season in cold, rainy weather.

cinco de mayo with merlin ward

faith and her future husband

double rainbow on our 15 minute date!


You know the statement "it takes a village".   Well, that is never more true than when mama goes out of town.  At the urging and support of good friends, I had booked a flight to visit the Sants and hopefully time it to be there when the baby arrived.  Obviously Darwin came early, but he was still in hospital when my trip dates arrived, so off I went.  I sometimes underestimate just how much adult children appreciate having their parents around.  Hannah told me as I left to come home how helpful it had been and what a difference it had made.  I was glad to know it meant something.  I mean, I enjoy being with my kids, but it was definitely a team effort made possible by many kind friends who picked up my slack, as well as my husband who had to carry an extra load as well.  So you want all that effort to be worthwhile!







Iowa was great.  I loved it as much in May as in September (although I recognize those are probably the two absolute BEST months to visit...), and of course loved spending lots of quality time with Milo and Nova.  They are a hoot and we kept ourselves fairly well entertained.










Natalie is back here with her flute - far right flautist.


I got home to all the end of year concerts and events but it was so fun to see the culmination of the years' work for the kids.

We took off for Memorial Day weekend to Sunriver.  Friends had booked a place and asked if we wanted to be there at the same time - we got our own place at The Ridge and enjoyed a few days of beautiful weather, fun friend time, and lots of biking.  came back refreshed and ready to finish the school year.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!