Homelife

I'm missing my dairy today.  So far today I've missed out on homemade pumpkin muffins and quesadillas.  I never realized just how much food my family eats with dairy.  I'd like to wean them off it a little too, if only to make life simpler for me.

  On the flip side, last night I made our favorite berry German pancakes and made a mini batch for me with coconut oil and rice milk instead of butter and milk.  They were FANTASTIC!  We had them with some of Costco's jalapeño bacon which was  actually super yummy and not too spicy.

We thought about looking at another house in town that is in a great location.  It's about the size of our old mobile home, though, thus would need major adding on.  And for the mid $200,000 range, that seemed a steep price to pay for just the basic house.  Especially when I can get on zillow and see that anywhere outside of California we could live in a nicer, bigger house for less money.  It's tempting to try to move.  Some days we talk about it.  Should we start looking?  Where would we go?  Moving and staying with Edward Jones is a little tricky.

  I don't know.  It would help if I thought I knew what the next best step was.  

So you know, these thoughts come and go periodically.  This isn't an announcement or anything.   :-)






Comments

  1. Here's an idea: Get that Nissan van, live it that, and add on like you would any house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to so much of this post. Being off dairy is so hard! Just because of the way timing and stuff worked out with my dairy issues, it was like 3-4 years Christmases in a row that I missed out on egg nog... and I love egg nog! This last year i totally made up for it, though. :) And, the whole house-buying thing... we have the same discussions and the same pit in our stomach of paying for something that would cost half as much in most other states, maybe even less. Ugh. Maybe we'll just save up, retire, move away and then pay cash in full. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move? Yes! How about the Boise area. We want to end up there, so if you guys go there, it may make it happen sooner. Just sayin'! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back