Life Goes On

I was encouraged to update the blog today.  So, I will.  How about a rundown of the kids first.

Hannah finished several of her semester classes early.  She's started her next math class already - the one she's taking on the college campus (thus earning college credit for a semester of Alg II) with her cohorts.  She has started giving piano lessons to a friend of hers AND her little brother.

Brynne has been working really hard in school as well.  She is rocking her reading by downing tons of books (and writing reports on them for extra credit at school).  She is still violining and I love to hear it.  She and Hannah are in choir and we enjoyed their recent concert.

Logan is enjoying his piano lessons.  He almost never has to be reminded.  It was so cute to hear Hannah teaching him at his first lesson!  He's a social butterfly at school - lots of friends, busy, loves his teacher, manages to do pretty good on his schoolwork.  I personally think he could do better if he wanted to, but he's got other fun things on the brain.  He does well - don't get me wrong.  I just know he rushes through his work to get to the fun stuff.

Kenna is doing her reading lessons and doing fantastic.  I'm still a huge fan of the Headsprout reading program.  Success with two kids and well on the way to a third success.  She is starting to sound out words herself and as long as they follow the rules, we are good (the trick is that so many words don't - that takes more time to learn).  We've stopped working on addition and subtraction for a bit and are learning about money.  She is a huge helper with Faith - begs to be involved in her care.

Natalie loves to be read to these days.  She steals Kenna's bike whenever she can - thus a bike of her own will be her birthday present in a month.  We are working on making a big deal out of her being a big girl.  Now that we have a baby in the house, that seems to be more motivating to her.  Much to her chagrin, she is being assigned more chores.  Her favorite job is sweeping and she tries to get out of all other work by offering to sweep instead.  :-)

Faith is growing like a weed.  I just went through and pulled out her 0-3 month clothes as her toes are getting squished at the ends.  I can't believe we are already doing the first clothing shuffle.  She smiles a lot.  Doesn't really laugh (I'll have to look up that milestone to see when it starts), coos and talks, LOVES to be held so that she can see what's going on, and can put weight on her legs now when we hold her in a standing position.  Sunday will be her two month birthday.  She is a perennial favorite with everyone - especially her Daddy.

Josh and I are doing well.  Ward Conference season is upon us, which means I am a single mother on Sundays more often than not.  I'm working on getting life under control - doing things like fixing dinner, grocery shopping, and keeping up with laundry are my biggest focuses right now.

So fun things...

We got asked to do this silly little photo shoot for a promotional brochure that is being put together by some friends of our about fun things for families to do in our area.  They wanted a picture of a family on it - and I think they asked us because we are the biggest family they know.  I kind of stressed about what we should wear, then said "heck with it" and let the kids choose their own outfits.  Actually worked out better that way.  I thought the one with our hands in the air was rather silly - I hope they don't use that one.  Notice no Faith - she was sleeping so we opted to leave her in the carseat nearby.




Really, our lives are pretty humdrum right now so I don't have much to share.  We get up, we do our thing, we try to have dinner as a family, and we go to bed.  Every day is very busy for me, so I don't do much 'extra' stuff.  It's a challenge to even study for my YW lessons, but I cling to that responsibility because otherwise it would be too easy to skip the spiritual lift that I need.  Plus, time management will get easier as life goes on.

I'm off to put my naughty teenagers to bed.


Comments

  1. The only problem with the pictures is that you don't look old enough to have that many kids. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back