the ultrasound

I was going to add to my last post.  Sorry for any repeated statements!   Josh's prediction of a girl was, of course, right.  He's been right every time.  ;-)  The baby moved through the entire 60 minute ultrasound, which made it take a lot longer than it should have as the tech had to keep chasing her around to get the proper measurements.  After 20 minutes of this I was in so much pain.  My thoughts were running along the lines of "what are we having" of course, and "I hope I don't start to pee because once I start there will be no stopping it".  Yes, that full bladder for the ultrasound can be beastly!   When she finally let me up (after at least 40 minutes of pushing on my full bladder) I could barely walk.  Then we had a little more stuff to do, but that at least was bearable.  So yeah!  We have a highly active little girl in there.  We got really clear shots of fingers, toes, heart, kidney, arms and legs as they flailed around.  The baby opened her mouth like she was smacking her lips several times.  Does that portend a chatterbox?  :-)

In other family news:
Hannah has a babysitting job for the summer.  I am SO excited.  We are at full blown teenager phase with her.  She's still a GREAT kid and I have no complaints, but we are in that tricky area where Mom stops paying for stuff, kid doesn't have enough income, and issues occasionally arise.  Also, after one week of summer vacation it became VERY obvious that she was far, far too bored and needed to be kept busy.  And boy is she now!  She's babysitting the two girls who lived with us last summer.  The older one is a challenge, so Hannah is earning every penny that she gets paid.  For sure. I drop her off at 8am, and she gets home between 5:30 and 6pm.  LONG day.  Still trying to figure out when to practice the piano and have a little fun.  Luckily, after this week, it should only be three days a week.  I think I might suggest that if the other babysitter (who does twice a week) needs a replacement that we let Brynne take a turn.  I think work is good, and I know Hannah wants the money, but I do want her to have a little down time this summer, and I want to see her once in awhile!


I think our flu bug has finally, finally cleared up.  A little residual fatigue for some of us, and that dry cough that always takes forever to really go away, is all that remains of the most miserable two weeks our family has ever experienced.

Classic Kenna - testing outfits in front of the mirror!


Anyway, that's basically all that's going on.  I am excited for July - we're looking at cousins, cousins, and more cousins.  Not to mention Girls Camp in there!  My kids are WAY excited for all this fun.

Comments

  1. Kelly, I'm so excited for you!! A girl!! What a blessing! I'm so glad you're feeling better... sounds so awful. I'm really hoping that all your plans with cousins means I'll also get to see you! If you need some extra space to crash at night when you're over this way, please let us know. We'll have some family in town in July, but if they're not here, then we'll have room for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back