End o' May

Ahhhh, it's been a crazy week.

Jam-making - I won't tell you how cheap my strawberries were, as I'm sure everyone else in the world can get them cheaper.  But it was a good price for HERE and so I bought 8 pounds and the kids helped me make a ton of freezer jam and strawberry syrup.  Yum.

Hannah's Band Concert - maybe I can get one of the songs off Josh's tablet and post it here.  It was fun.
I know - she's so far away.  She looks adorable.  Like Minnie Mouse.

Missionaries for dinner (four of them!) - Breakfast for dinner is always a huge favorite and it's easy to make a ton.

Flying solo in the YW for three weeks.  I had to have a chat with the girls about some attitude/behavioral issues, but they seem to have taken our discussion to heart and things are going better.

Finished several projects in the yard with Josh last Saturday and this past Saturday.  It's the first time in a LONG time we've actually had him home on a Saturday - much less two in a row!  It was very exciting for me.  One thing we did was buy beautiful redwood planks to finish our little garden bed that Josh built for me almost two years ago.  They still need to be sanded and stained (it's raining, so that project is on hold), but it already looks so much better; more finished.

So pregnancy - I'm 16 weeks now.  My baby is the size of an avocado - in case you wondered.  I can't sleep at night because my hips hurt.  Apparently (Heather, you mentioned this in your blog post which was funny to me because I was planning on mentioning it here) the hip loosening is caused by hormones and it starts EARLIER with each successive pregnancy.  Unlike my sister, my hip pain is NOT caused by exercise as I have done virtually none.  Mine mostly only hurts at night as I try to sleep on my mattress and can't.  No sleep gives me headaches during the day, so I have been awake all night and then grumpy all day.  REAL fun.  And I still have a little less than six months of this to go.

Five days till the Newport Marathon. 
Since the kids won't get to see Josh run, they made signs to cheer him on and we snuck over to the gym and held them up through the window.  It was funny.



Three weeks of school left.  YAY!

Natalie being a giant.  Oh, my!

Comments

  1. posters at the gym...cutest thing EVER! That was YOUR idea?!?!?! You are really stepping it up these days. Seriously that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back