October, briefly

So in between travels here is what we've been working on >>>>


I spent 2.5 days repainting rooms in my house.  Not pictured is Logan's bedroom.


First, the library walls - I had already primed the bottom which used to be maroon.  But it was time to finish.  Here's how it looked when I started 


Here's how it looked when I finished.  I love it!



I also repainted over the dark brown walls in the hallway bathroom with a modified blue similar to what is in Kenna and Faith's room.  It kind of looks greenish in some lights, but works for me.



For my birthday I was sick, but my birthday wish was for a family hike up Dollar Mountain - so the following weekend when we were feeling better we took a quick hike between rainstorms.  Gorgeous valley views from halfway up...


Before we left we had Zahid over for a missionary discussion, and he stayed for our faux Thanksgiving dinner and a couple rounds of Air Pictionary.  He's a quiet guy but super fun and gets our jokes.  We like him.




Highlight of my Mondays - when we get to talk to Logan.  We use WhatsApp which is huge everywhere but the US and can do a group video chat, which works great since Josh is at work when Logan calls.



The girls are doing a geography class via Ensign Peak Academy (an online LDS school) and for one of her assignments Natalie needed to make a dish from South America.   She chose Ecuadorian Lentils and they were delicious!




Brynne's boyfriend Zahid remembered Josh and I on our birthdays - he put more effort into them than anyone in our family (including ourselves) but it was so sweet to be remembered!



Another homeschool activity is Kitchen Chemistry every Friday.  Two of our friends come and we learn about some aspect of cooking and what's going on chemically.  This is on potato day - we learned about clarifying butter, protein, carbs, and what exactly fat is.




Oregon in October - is there anything better?  I couldn't get enough of this tree I was parked under the other day and had to take a picture.  It was about 70 degrees and those leaves were just glowing!



Faith is still my regular helper at the food bank - this is her demonstrating her box carrying skillllzzzz.




My cute boy grew a beard while we were in Georgia.  
He shaved it off for Mexico, but it was fun while it lasted!


Guess what else?  His workshop project is finished.  He built this entire set up by hand, including a pull-out table with a table top that flips (like old school sewing tables) for saw storage.  It's pretty impressive.




October was a great month for us.  We capped it off with a flight to Baja Sur, Mexico for my spanish immersion adventure in La Paz.  More on that later!


Comments

  1. What a great month!! Can’t wait to see Mexico updates! Enjoy the Adventure. 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back