Glimpse into our homeschool days

I thought it would be interesting to make a little record of some homeschool days.  It's just the stuff that makes up a day.  In between are questions, talking, nagging, lots and lots of driving, reading in small chunks, etc.

MONDAY
I woke up unusually early thanks to the time change and decided to go with it.
Read Scriptures @ 5:30 and a family prayer with Logan before he leaves
went for a walk @ 6
made breakfast
family breakfast/scriptures/prayer about 7:00
Faith asked me to read so I read The Princess in Black
and since I was in the mood, we also read two chapters from our current book, Farmer Boy
I took a quick shower about 9am and got a load of laundry started.
9:30am - Got the girls working on music/math - have to pull them away from their books to do it.
They each did a chore. Faith helped me clean the playroom and get it ready for uncle Nate.
Rotate laundry
10:15am - did a quick history lesson on St. Patrick.  There's a recipe for Irish Soda Bread as part of the lesson, which we decided to make for lunch.  And as long as we're making bread, I remember that I have all the ingredients for broccoli cheddar soup and I need to make that anyway.
11am - I start the soup, the girls make the bread (bickering ensues while I ignore them)
12pm - food is ready and we eat.
12:30 - girls help me clean up the kitchen and then head to their books.  I pay bills, flip through my magazines and decide to read the BYU Alumni one, and let Faith eat her remaining Halloween candy.     I pay her $3 for the candy she decides to sell me.  Today's the last day for her to have it in the house.
1:30 - Rotate laundry and fold my first load.  Start this blog post since I have a few minutes.
2pm - Kenna still needs to do violin, and Natalie math because we didn't really finish this morning.
3:45 - head to first day of archery
5:15 - home from class.  leftovers of today's or yesterday's soups for dinner (YAY)
Kids cleaned the kitchen.
6:45 FHE - a short lesson from the ITES book
7:15 - sent Faith to bed.  Read more of Farmer Boy to Kenna and Natalie
7:45 - girls to bed
8pm-9:30 - played a game with Logan, Josh, and Nate
read in bed until 10:20 (too late, but I was finishing up a book)

TUESDAY
woke up FAR too early and tried to get back to sleep.
5:30 - got up to read my scriptures
6-6:45 - took a walk around the golf course
7 - Election Day! - filled out my ballot while I ate breakfast
7:30 - got dressed/teeth, talked to Josh
8 - supervising girls getting ready.  Decided to go through Natalie's pants with her as she has too many.
8:30 - Kenna is supposed to be practicing violin but instead she is singing.  Remind her to practice.  Start Natalie on piano practice.
9:30 - head to church to help with Holiday swap.
11 - start driving...first up, preschool
11:30 - grab lunch for Logan and girls and drive to high school
12:00 eat quickly in car while we wait to give Logan his food.
12:30 - violin
1:30 - homeschool PE
2:00- preschool carpool
2:30 PE pickup
3:30 pick Logan up from school
4:00 take girls to Activity days - stay and check out holiday swap, head home about 4:30.
5:15 - pick girls up.
5:30 - make dinner
eat dinner
7:30 - get girls to bed
9:30 - get me to bed...  we skipped Self-Reliance to spend time with Nate but ended up just reading because he was working
Tuesdays are a little crazy - I'm in the car from 11-4 with almost no breaks.

WEDNESDAY
5am - up.  why oh why??  start reading my scriptures
6 - went for a walk
6:45 - make buttermilk pancakes - it's Logan's late start day so I try to feed him.
7:30 - family scriptures.  lifted weights.  quick shower
9am - get the girls started on their day - they've been reading a lot lately.
9:30 - we made lacto-fermented carrots this morning
10 -  I read two chapters of Farmer boy, then we start math/music
10:30 -popcorn for snack
11 - music/math continues
12 -Kenna makes apple crisp.  I'm looking online for Christmas gifts.  Natalie is reading.  Kenna starts a FaceTime chat with Jackie while she bakes.
1pm - lunch!
2pm - history lesson and art.
3pm - head to dance class.  Take Faith.... while we wait we run to Maurices to see if they have pants I like (no) and to the library to return some books.  We stay late at dance to watch some of the next class.
4:45 - pick-up Logan from piano.
5:15 - start dinner
Logan and Josh had Mutual. The girls and I read.  I spend 30 minutes in the hot tub and then chilled with a book.

THURSDAY
again - up at 4:30am.  It's killing me!
I laid in bed until 5:15 and then did my scriptures and did my exercise, including a walk and stretching
Breakfast about 7:30, and family scriptures
Today was co-op, so everyone got ready for the day, did music practice, made lunches, and we left at 10am.
Faith and I got home around from dropping them off at 10:45 and I fed her an early lunch before she was picked up for preschool at 11:15.  I did some puttering and laid down for a nap - I was tired today from that early wake-up!  I woke up about noon and chatted with Brynne on the phone while I ate lunch and cleaned.  Then I played a podcast while I kept cleaning.  Around 1:30 I finished my work and did my Spanish, read my book, etc., enjoying a little free time.   It was quiet in my empty house and that was delightful!
Faith got home at 2:15 and we headed right out for co-op pick-up.  Right now the girls have choir at 2:45 and I am the accompanist so we were at the church for that.   Logan met us there.
Got home about 4pm.  He drove and did a great job!
Walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes, then talked to my mom about Thanksgiving.
made dinner.  Ate at 5:30 so Josh could be on time for his meetings.
Had girls clean kitchen while I gave Faith a bath.  Read stories with Faith, and put her to bed at 7pm, then stories with the girls and sent them to bed at 7:30.
Did some internet research and time wasting - I'm looking for ballet videos for Faith but watched an interesting one on how to pointe shoes are fitted.  I had no idea so much went into it!
Reviewed my calendar for the next couple months.
 now it's 8pm and I'm going to head to bed to read and fall asleep by 9.


Friday is a no school day for Logan.  Cousin John arrives so I'll be driving to Medford.  Maybe we'll make a day of it and run to Costco and Hobby Lobby.  Options!

All in all this is what I would consider a pretty decent homeschooling week!  We got our work done, we did a few extra projects, and I remembered to read aloud every day.  Win!









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back