November 2016

Sometimes it's really hard to update the blog because SO much has happened but I really don't have time to type every little funny story sweet experience.  But I do love going back and reading old entries.  I've poked around at turning the blog into a family journal book - but I haven't liked the software available.  Mostly I just need to go back through old blog posts and edit them so that they are just how I want them, and then I can publish them.  Till I get to it, they are safe and sound in the blog-o-sphere and I will continue to add to our family record.



First, we are counting down until this sweet girl leaves for home.  If I don't think about it too hard I don't get sad.  So I try not to.  She is very excited and I don't want to put a damper on that.  Although I've told her several times that she is welcome to stay and keep me company, really I am excited for her to have this opportunity to test her wings.  I have such great memories of those college days.  Mine went by very quickly for a lot of reasons (hello, Hannah) but they were sweet!





November had two trips for us.  
The first was just the three little girls who had their semi-annual cleanings with Grandpa.  




The second was our 1 year in Grants Pass Anniversary trip to Fort Bragg.  I don't know.  Maybe we'll try to do it annually.  The kids really enjoyed visiting with friends.  We loved, loved, LOVED seeing our favorite ocean spots again.  The weather was supposed to be rainy all weekend but the good Lord blessed us and we had almost none.  It was really a great weekend.

Josh and I took the girls for a walk on the Haul Road and Kenna said, "next time let's come in the summer when it's warm".  To which Josh and I both laughingly said, "this IS warm - this is what it's like in the summer!"  Kenna didn't believe us!  Oh, how soon they forget.











Shortly after our Fort Bragg trip our Idaho cousins came to play.  We had a Walmart Scavenger Hunt and a CHOPPED competition.  It's wasn't quite the same without the three oldest cousins, but we had a fun time nonetheless!




On the menu:  SPAM





We went for a hike Thanksgiving morning.  Faith hiked the entire way for her first time.  


Massive Madrone tree



We got our tree at the tree farm.  Love having a huge tree.  
This year's is way different than ones we've had in the past and we love it!




The sweetest teenage girls in the entire world!




Pizza making night


Faith's birthday was two days after Thanksgiving.  
I can't believe my baby is three!  She starts Sunbeams in a few weeks.



Remember when she was born?  
I was wearing that exact outfit when she was blessed, I just realized as I looked back through photos.  This girl is the light of our lives.  Hannah keeps threatening to tuck her in a suitcase and take her to Idaho.



If you don't live in our home you'd never know it, but she is actually very verbal and smart!  She has gotten really good at remembering things, figuring things out, making connections, and has her own ideas about how things should go.  She loves to help me cook.  She still takes naps any day I have time to put her to bed.  She will suck her fingers and stroke someone's hair when she's tired.  Still.  It's how I know she's really tired, when she starts running her fingers through my hair.
And speaking of hair - hers is completely untamable.  It's amazing.  
If it's not pulled back it's in her eyes.


*****************************************************
We went to see a play for our homeschool field trip.  




I think you can see Kenna below - she and Natalie participated in the Nativity Festival angel choir.




Hannah was Mary.  So sweet!


My kids are enjoying #LIGHTtheWORLD

Here they are posing after thoroughly cleaning the kitchen for me.  They even mopped!





Comments

  1. wonderful pictures. It really is funny that Kenna doesn't remember how cold Ft. Bragg is most days. It's only been a yr!
    Speaking of Faith getting bigger. I think she'll be just the right age to cry when Hannah gets married. Remember?
    But then she'll keep her mom company when everyone else is gone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back