New Calling

Relief Society President.  

Yepper doodles.  Someone has a funny sense of humor.    

I'm getting over the initial shock I think.  

Although I had to teach my first lesson to GROWN-UPS today and I was petrified all week just thinking about it.  I also went to my first PEC meeting that the Bishop asked me to attend.  And met lots of ladies in Relief Society that I hadn't met before.  So that was interesting and kind of fun.  And now I don't have to teach for about four months.    

I read a great quote this week from Bonnie D. Parkin that talked about how covenant keeping "coaxes us out of our comfort zones" and this calling is for sure going to do that for me.  However, what I recognized within minutes of the Bishop extending the call is that in some ways it is an answer to a silent prayer I've been offering up for months - to be able to get to know the sisters in my ward and form some relationships!  I've struggled to meet people because life for everyone is so busy.  This will definitely be a way to get to know them all.  ;-)


So there you go.  I thought maybe I should let my family know.  Love you all!

Comments

  1. Congratudolences! Seriously, it's about time though. You're like the perfect candidate. :-) Have fun with this new adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity to serve! You will do great. I have the same fear of teaching adults. The first 2 weeks of me being primary music leader were actually the least terrifying for me, even though I had the entire 50 minutes for music, because everyone in the presidency was gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to remember when our Bishop Hornibrook announced that he was moving and there would be a new bishop. He said "Someone's going to learn to love the people." That's how I felt when I was Primary Pres. Those kids all belonged to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back