Moving, Moving

It is finally official.  And we can tell people.  And it's happening soon.

In two short weeks Josh will be starting in Grants Pass, Oregon, and a week later the rest of us will join him.  In the meantime I pack and pack and clean and sort and dump and pack and clean some more.  It's coming along but I'm so afraid that I'll end up with too much to do at the end.  I get sort of panicky about that.  But I've got a good packing schedule and gave myself some leeway (I think - still don't have exact dates from the movers).

We are going to buy a house.  First we're going to rent it for 9 months so that we can get some pay stubs from our new location to prove that Josh really does do something productive when he leaves the house each day.    I'm both excited and scared about this house.  It's beautiful and pretty close to a dream house for me.  But it also feels like such a big responsibility.  Taking care of it.  Furnishing it so that it looks decent (maybe that shouldn't bother me, but I don't want a beautiful house to look junky), cleaning it, not ruining beautiful floors.  I stress a little.


But I'm ever so grateful to have a house that will serve our family well from here on out.  We can stay there forever if we choose.  It might not be my country hideaway with a huge yard and lots of privacy, but it's definitely a blessing, and fills one highly important criteria for us - room for guests to come!!  We love when our friends and family come to see us!!
Interestingly enough, every house we've ever lived in has sort of fallen in our laps in surprising ways.  This one has been no different.  It has always sort of just worked out that we have had a place to live right when we needed one.



Josh was released from his calling on Sunday and that had a very sad sort of finality to it.  What I will miss most of all will be the people.  It was very fun to move back "home" - to see familiar and beloved faces at church.  I have loved my infrequent but joyous contacts with those I love from my childhood.  It was always fun to show up at church and see someone from Cloverdale had made the drive out for a Fort Bragg visit.



Two months ago we took Brynne and Hannah up to Grants Pass to start school.  Going from a high school of 20 to one of 1800 was a little bit of an adjustment, but they transitioned like the champs that they are.  I couldn't be more pleased with the experiences that they are having and the growth and excellent choices that I've seen from them.  We have missed them and this has been the longest two months of my life because of that, but I think it was a good choice.  They started school at the beginning of the year and don't have to make a mid-semester switch.  Brynne played soccer as she hoped, and Hannah is discovering the joys of a larger jazz band.  They had to leave all their friends without being able to say WHERE or WHY they were going - and they didn't complain about that.  I know we asked them to do a hard thing but as expected, they rose to the occasion.  Love, love, LOVE my girls.


The last photo before getting released




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back