Father's Day

I loved Jim Gaffigan.  Here's an excerpt from his recent book "Dad is Fat":

But truly, women are amazing. Think about it this way: a woman can grow a baby inside her body. Then a woman can deliver the baby through her body. Then, by some miracle, a woman can feed a baby with her body. When you compare that to a male’s contribution to life, it’s kind of embarrassing, really. The father is always like, “Hey, I helped, too. For like five seconds. Doing the one thing I think about twenty-four hours a day...



Luckily, the truth is that dads do way more than that.  
I'm supremely lucky to have an awesome dad who was always present and there, 
and to have a husband who is an amazing dad to our kids.  
I often think fathers are under-rated in today's society.  
But if you see my kids' faces when Josh walks through the door every day, you know there is something magical and special between a dad and his kids.  I think he is their favorite person.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love it.  
Here's to great fathers and the lasting impact they have on their sons and daughters.







Happy Father's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back