3 Weeks

I really can't believe it's been three weeks since Faith was born.

She is an angel of a baby.  I always thought all my kids were pretty easy babies (well, except Kenna - she had challenges that caused us both a lot of frustration).  Faith tops them all.  I don't know if it's my increased experience as a new mom, Faith's personality, a special blessing from the Lord, or some combination of the three, but we have had a fabulous three weeks with this girl.

Faith doesn't cry very much, as long as she's not being ignored.  Not that she gets ignored very often, but occasionally I've been in the middle of taking hot things from the oven and she's had to wait - she cried then.  But usually she's pretty laid back.  Even when she's hungry, she's easy to distract.

She put herself on a schedule starting on day one.  What newborn does that?  She wakes up fairly consistently, sleeps her long stretches at night, and has awake times in the morning and afternoon.

yeah.  I'm totally in love with this girl.

**************

Our family is basically ready for Christmas.  I've kept things really, really simple this year.  We're not doing even a quarter of our normal Christmas activities.  Usually I'm doing craft and baking projects, service activities, story times, movies - the whole shebang - all month long.  This year, not so much.  It's definitely a laid back kind of Christmas.  But that's been nice in it's own way.  There is something so sweet and perfect about Christmas with a newborn.  It stinks to have your birthday in the holiday season, but for me to hold a tiny babe and let my thoughts wander to another mother long ago who held a tiny babe in her arms, brings a certain richness and sense of completion to the Christmas season.

If I don't post before then... merry Christmas to all my friends and family.  I hope you have a beautiful day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back