76 Trombones...

... led the big parade.


 As promised...parade photos.  Such a bunch of cute kids I've got!  
Love Logan's Indiana Jones hat.   :-)



Sunday afternoon naps - standard for me.  Not so standard for Natalie.  I woke up to find her curled up on the floor below (and running a fever).  Poor baby was sick the ENTIRE week.  She's still not 100%, but she is doing a lot better.


She's a cuddle bug, but this was excessively cuddly even for her.

 
The Brynster looking thoughtful


Say, what?

Life has been fairly quiet this week, especially with a sick Nat-bug.  I had to get Josh to come home early one day because the older kids needed to be ferried to and fro, but Nat was just not up to it. 

I woke up Monday morning with a hankering to get the younger girls' bedroom ready to share with the new baby.  So....I went and got the wall paint and did the entire room that day.  I was a little sore after that, but it wasn't too bad.  The walls look so much better.  I just did a high hiding white that has a touch of gray in it - nothing fancy - but it's clean looking.  I had the girls sleep on their mattresses in the family room so they wouldn't be inhaling paint fumes all week.  Yesterday they helped me paint their furniture - color of choice was yellow.  That even won out over pink, which was my suggestion.  I had pictures of the painting process (so cute), but it looks like they didn't upload properly to the computer and got deleted.  Dang it!  Well, when the room is finished, I will get pictures of that.  The furniture is in the garage drying, but I think I'm going to do one more coat tomorrow.

Josh spent Saturday removing half of a tree in our back yard and adding a net roof to our chicken pen so that the chickens can't fly out.  They are amazingly good at escaping when they want to! 

I stayed home from church with Nat today.  I set my ipad up with amazon video so that she could watch an episode of Mr. Rogers while I took a shower.  And "accidentally" took a nap as well.  She's never used my ipad amazon video app before, but I woke up to find her watching something totally different that she'd found.  It is truly amazing to me how technologically dextrous little kids are these days.   We joke about having 10 year old teach adults how to use their computers, but I'm going to argue that the four year olds are too far behind.  It's almost scary!

Well, I'm off!  Hope everyone's week is a happy one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back