March Magic

 wowowow

So the big excitement after Brynne came home was that THIS guy got to go to school in person.  Two days a week only and we're not holding our breath for more (the powers that be are driving me CRAZY!!)

I guess it's better than nothing?  He thought so.  To top that off, winter track practice got going again.  



For spring break this year we went to Idaho.  That's sort of becoming our norm.  It's about the earliest we can make it out there and mostly avoid snowstorms.  This year we took Logan on a BYU-Idaho tour since he'd never actually been on campus (I know!  you would think he would have already).  It was fun to revisit old haunts.  It's our second official tour and we learn new things about the college every time.  This time we found out more about their intramural/recreational sports and activities.  Wow!  I want to go back to college.  You can literally try everything and anything you've ever dreamed of for a fraction of what it costs as a grown-up living in the real world.  BYU-I is the best-kept Church school secret in my opinion.


And of course his mission papers were submitted and we waited to see when they would send his call.
Folks, the turnaround was less than two weeks!  We were in Idaho for spring break when they came.
We opened them up at Jason's house (we'd had dinner with them that night) and it was exciting.  
Columbia Bógata North - departing July 8. 



He's pretty excited for that awesomeness, although in all honesty it feels really soon!  Especially because the final few months of senior year are going to be full.  But it's going to all work out.  We have a little wiggle room since he'll be doing MTC at home so if I need time to get a few more shirts or whatever we can do that in July while he's studying online.  One of his buddies leaves for Mexico three weeks after he does and another girl in our ward is headed to Hungary/Romania the same month.  Fun times!

The rest of spring break was normal for us.  Mostly we were in Pocatello with Grandma and Grandpa.  We saw Hannah and fam-bam.  We worked on projects around the house and visited.  


When we got home from Idaho we decided to try a STEM challenge for homeschool - making carrot carriages.  The challenge was that it had to roll down a ramp and hold a Peep.  I tell you what - it's a good way to learn about how axles work!



So we took a family photo during our brief February weekend when Brynne got home from her mission.  Love these people in my life.


So one crazy thing is Katie called me up and asked if I could go to St. George with her.  I said yes and miracle of miracles we went like a week later with super cheap tickets, free housing - it was a great weekend.  I'm so grateful for good friends who love me!



Faith mostly loves to play with Nova.  Except when she doesn't.  
But Nova ALWAYS wants to play with Faith. 



Last time I wrote about some things I'd been thinking about.  It's funny how answers come and they aren't always the ones you are thinking you'll get.  Remember number 4 - wondering about what I should teach my children?  Well, I got some answers to that one that were not what I planned.  One was that we need to work on our physical fitness together!  I'm still figuring out details of that.  Trying to find things that are pleasant and not "work".  But it's been just a recurring push in the back of my mind.   I'm still working on some of the other things.  Life has been very busy lately.  But on the other hand...it's never not busy so we really have to just learn to prioritize right?  Another life-long life lesson for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back