catching up

My younger kids are feeling a little unloved because I blog a whole lot less now than I did when my older kids were their age.  I'm sorry to be such a slacker...but life is busy!

Still, here's a little update from last time.

For Christmas the kids got a Family Adventure Box.  There is a card for each month of the year detailing some sort of family adventure that we will have.  This was their main present because Josh and I have a lot of fun stuff planned this year and the kids don't need anything much.

January's adventure was ice skating at the outdoor rink in Ashland.   Faith learned how to skate without the walker - though she liked using it.  Josh was our photo taker...he hates skating!



For February we went donut tasting.  We bought donuts at all the donut places in town (excluding grocery stores) and came home and had a blind taste test.  It was pretty fun and we now know who makes the absolute best donuts.  Plus we made friends with a cute couple who run a local Mexican restaurant (where we happened to also buy donuts in the morning...I'm not sure how Mexican food and donuts go together).  Donutland won hands down.

In March we celebrated Natalie's 10th birthday by heading to Corvallis for some fun.  We went to the OSU gymnastics meet (with Grandpa, Heather and cousins), and spent some time at the Gilbert House Museum in Salem - a favorite place for my kiddos.   Josh went to a board game convention in SLC with his cousins.  He had a great few days and enjoyed the down-time.

Our March adventure is our spring break trip which I will detail in a later post after it happens.  


As for life...it's going!  I feel both ultra busy and slightly crazy most days...while not being busy at all.  That sounds weird maybe.  I don't feel like I should be as busy as I am is maybe what that means.  I don't have any major projects going on...so what keeps me so busy?!
For school we are switching curriculum.  I have been bored out of my mind with some of the curriculum I chose and now I'm ready to call it quits and try something new.  So I've been worrying over that a lot.

Comments

  1. Your older kids are feeling unloved too because we don't get regular pictures and updates so really it's a lose-lose situation for all of us. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back