Do you Hear the Words that are coming out of my mouth?

Last week I spoke in Sacrament meeting on the topic of developing a relationship with our Savior.  Tonight Josh and I are speaking in Stake Conference about receiving personal revelation for our family.  I don't know if we've figured out what the stake president had in mind, but we have our talk prepared and I'll be glad when it's over.  Too many talks for me this month!  I think I've earned a 10 year hiatus.

The kids have been super busy.  Brynne's job at McDonald's was crazy this month - she worked 5 days a week, for two weeks in a row.  This week she got a breather and was so grateful.  Track and Field starts on Monday and both Brynne and Logan are participating.  Logan has developed an interest in pole vault and javelin - so that will be interesting to see.  Today Brynne had her solo ensemble event at SOU in Ashland and, lucky for us, Logan's Brain Bowl event was also at SOU.  So we spent the morning down there and got to see both kids.  They did great.  Still waiting on results for Logan's team.  It snowed all the way down there, but warmed up enough to melt by the time we left.  Still, super fun to see those snow flakes scurrying around.  Tonight Brynne has her winter ball - I'll try to get ahold of pictures later.

Logan finished wrestling.  I can't tell how much he likes it.  He almost didn't wrestle this year, but it's good exercise and he enjoys the technical aspects of it - just not the locker-room talk I think.

Kenna's moving along with her violin studies.  She also enjoys sounding out songs on the piano.  She's competing in Battle of the Books next week.

Natalie's still loving practicing piano.  I love that she never whines about it.  She's so excited about her birthday next week.  It's the start of birthday season for us.  I think we are having an actual birthday party.  I realized it's going to be her first.  Does that make me a bad mom?

Faith had some moderate hearing loss for a few months due to a cold.  It drove me crazy!  She would look at me with such a blank look while I was speaking to her and I could tell she wasn't comprehending a word!  Luckily it seems to have improved finally.

Did I mention on the blog that Brynne was accepted to BYU-Idaho?  That was where she wanted to go.  We are waiting to find out her track so we can make plans.  It's so strange to think that child #2 is going to be flying the coop soon.  I'm not sure I like this growing up business.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back