Sadly...

I did a post that had some pictures from our trip.  BUT our internet was having issues and who really wants to see photos of a vacation they didn't go on.  I know I only like it sometimes...but sometimes I would rather have gone myself.  ;-). Suffice to say, Josh and I had a great week together and our kids were alive when we came home - which is about all we wanted.

I wanted to share some things today.

First, we had our Primary Program.  If we could have videoed this we would have.  Faith does not sing Primary songs.  Instead, she head-bangs along to every song with a huge grin on her face.  It was hysterical.

One of Kenna's friends has anxiety and had a full meltdown as she waited in line to say her part.  Tears streamed down her face.  It was so sweet to watch Kenna quietly whisper in her ear to comfort her, and hold her hand to cheer her up.  Kenna is a nurturing soul and she cares deeply for this friend who needs her.

I had a miracle happen today.   Remember the conference talk about miracles in our lives?  I wanted to share this one because it was a perfect example of a small miracle.
I got assigned to purchase supplies for 25 care baskets the Ward Council is putting together on Wednesday.  Yesterday I did my shopping for them and decided to grab some bags of popcorn.  Let's see - 6 pkgs in a box, 4 boxes should be enough.  I'm obviously not a math major.  Fast forward to church this morning - the Bishop added a name to the list so now I had 26 baskets to provide for - no problem, I knew I had an extra gift bag.  Didn't even remember the popcorn.  Ok.  Here's the miracle - after church this sweet lady comes up to me with a plastic bag and said she wanted to contribute something to the baskets.  She hands me TWO pkgs of popcorn.  As I take them I realize for the first time that I had been short exactly two between my own miscalculations and the Bishop's addition. Two.  And that's what she hands me.   Heavenly Father cares about the details of our lives - even if it's just popcorn.


So now the pictures from the past month or so:

Kenna and Brynne have ONE year together at the District Play-In.



This is not my sunset.  But isn't it lovely?  I love these colors.



Miss Hannah went to the Temple for the first time in October.  It was super amazing.



Love watching my kids do sweet things together, like read aloud.



This girl - how cute is she?



Brynne took Senior photos.  {heart}



And went to Homecoming with this cute boy....



She built a bridge out of popsicle sticks all on her own.  She rocked it!




Faith loved carving pumpkins!



As did Kenna.



Logan did two that night.  So we know he likes it even if he doesn't show it.



Last Halloween with all 6 kidlets.



We had a couple families over for dinner potluck and trick-or-treating.  It was super fun!



I took these girls to rake leaves for the grandparents - shhhh....they will figure it out when they get home tomorrow!  They worked so hard for an hour and got the lawn pretty much done.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back