Speed Dial

Where is the time going?  I want all my kids to stop growing.  I definitely want summer back.  I need more weekends in my life and fewer meetings.  Time is too short with my family these days.

August flew by.  It was amazing.  Amazingly busy.  Without further ado - here is some of our fun....

 Natalie had private swimming lessons with this darling guy from church.  It was a really good experience for her and she learned a lot in two short weeks!



Richardson cousins came for a long visit and my kids were very happy.  I'm keeping this photo of Sam for his wedding.  I'm sure he'll want to see it then.


Faith doesn't often play with kids her age - this was a banner month of her!






Pear picking started.  Logan and I had a mother/son date at the pear farm.  He's so cute!




Amazing sunset one night...



Faith became obsessed with card games.  This one she made up using face cards from two decks.  It's called "Kings and Jacks and Kings and Jacks". The rules are simple.  Draw a card, replace a card. 
 Repeat.


(on a side note - see my new headboard?  LOVING my new bed)


Faith's bestie is Jada.  Aren't they darling?



More pear farm picking - this was platform picking and it's hard, sweaty work but fun with friends.



August wore Faith out.






Our trip to the family reunion...
This girl can pout when necessary.




Collier state park is the best rest stop I've ever seen.  It wasn't too kind to Logan though... we almost lost him.




We had to have an It's It ice cream sandwich after driving most of the day.  Yummers.
PS - other amazing rest stop is the park in Arlington




The eclipse was amazing.  We only had two teenagers for that night.  That was weird.  But nice.











Two days after the eclipse, Hannah and I left for Idaho on wedding business.

engagement photos were taken....


...I think they like each other


I saw Heather again!



We went house-hunting with Grandma R. and discovered the skinniest shower door you ever did see.



We bought a wedding dress.  EEK!




It was a whirlwind trip.  We left Wednesday for Rexburg and were at Shannon's late Friday night to pick up the girls we'd left there after the family reunion.  So yeah - talk about sore and tired.  I couldn't hardly sit in church on Sunday. 



However...we now have all six kids under one roof again.  It may be the last time this happens.  It warmed my heart the other morning to have EVERYONE around the table for family scripture study.  
Happiness.




I took some kids to the Science museum in Ashland.  Always a fun time.





Josh and I took a quick overnight trip to Oakland for a friend's wedding.  
Guys - I called Grandma Honey and got the address of the house they lived in.  Here is the Berkeley house where Uncle Matt was born!




Brynne and her friends had a pranking war.  This was her gift one morning.  Just so glad they didn't TP our house.



Faith loves shopping.  Especially shoe shopping.  Really especially shoe shopping for her.  She was very disappointed that we were not buying furry white and purple boots for her that day.



School started with a bang.

First - we have a Senior again - always an exciting year.  Sad that my Brynners is growing up!


And a newly minted Freshman!  He loves high school!!


This girl is prepared to rock 4th grade!




Uh - commercial break - no first day of school picture of Natalie because I'm a bad mother.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming....


And Miss Faith is in preschool!  She was so excited to have a back-pack! And snacks!  And friends!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back