8 is GREAT!

Yep.  At 12:21am Miss Natalie turned 8.  Since she was 8 for so long before breakfast, we figured she was practically 8 1/2 now.  She's pretty excited about this birthday of hers!


This little girl was born 8 years ago.  She was the second and only child other than Hannah where I started labor at home (that is weird when you think about it).  Great story from her birth - I had to have antibiotics and an IV because of the strep B that sometimes is present.  We decided to do an epidural to help the wait along (antibiotics have to be spread out in two doses).  So I was feeling pretty good during labor.  My doctor came over after work and I remember him sitting on the side of the bed telling me that he was going to rupture the amniotic sac so that labor would start progressing. He did the tiniest of tears because I WARNED HIM.... and a huge fire hydrant's worth of fluid came gushing out all over him, the bed, the floor.  It was a mess.  He had a stunned, shocked look on his face and I felt bad - I knew he'd had a rough day already.  But then he just laughed and said he guessed it was time to put on his scrubs!

I was really grateful that she waited until it was March to be born.  I don't know why.  I think because February is a hard month for me to say, but I've always had a thing about February being my least favorite month.

Natalie was also not even due until March 9.  She came early!!  I was so grateful, though.  My only early baby.  But she was healthy and chubby and ready to go!



Favorite sleeping thumb


Natalie was a very happy baby.  She was low-maintenance, easy to feed, easy to put to bed.  Just a joyful baby.




She has always had lots of happy energy.  She has strong emotions when she's upset.  Her moods change in an instant - she isn't the type to sulk.  She loves people, making friends, and is very physically expressive with her love.


Natalie has started learning how to feel the Spirit and has shared some lovely experiences with me when she knew she felt the Holy Ghost.  It is really special to have my children share those things.  And it makes me happy that she knows that Heavenly Father loves her and that the Holy Ghost is real.

She is full of energy and fun, and we love having Miss Natalie in our family.

February 2015
December 2016



Happy 8th Birthday, Natty-bug!!

Comments

  1. LOVE that picture of you and her together. Such a sweet moment captured! Happy Birthday Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pictures-haven't seen them before. What a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back