June - the first half

It seemed like it took forever for school to end this year.  Maybe it was because there was a rush of busyness in the beginning and middle of May that felt like the end was nigh, and then it sort of calmed down for awhile.  The last week of school, in spite of graduation approaching, was fairly relaxing because the Seniors had no school so Hannah was home quite a bit.





Activity Days had an activity.  There are 30 active girls in the 8-11 age group.  When we had a variety show to which their parents were invited, there were well over 100 people there.  So fun!





The first campout of the season -






Graduation day!




470 or something graduates?  
Brynne is one of the arch girls, but on the opposite side of the field.


Our baby





Fun jet boat trip with Mom and Mary.





Last day of school celebratory treat!





Miss MacKenzie came up for a visit.  
These girls met their freshman year and have been buddies since.




I'm surprised by the number of different bugs we've seen in Grants Pass.  Including the largest dragonflies I've ever seen in my life.




We're heading out for two weeks and I am so excited to have my family all together.  As they grow older, every opportunity to be together grows more and more precious.  This is quite possibly one of our last family vacations ALL together as our core family unit.  But I'm trying not to dwell on that and just enjoy the trip.

Planned:
***Portland for three days - and of course it is supposed to be raining pretty much the entire time
***Rexburg for two days - hot and windy.  We'll be visiting my Julia friend and checking out BYU-Idaho which keeps changing.  I'm excited!
***Ogden for five days - (even hotter!) for a Richardson reunion.  Another milestone there - the first grandchild of Nina and Darwin gets married this summer, and the first grandchild to serve a mission will leave this fall, so for us it is another "last" when we will for sure all be together.

I'll be heading off to Camp when we get back.  I'm both excited and incredibly worried that I'm forgetting something.  I hate that feeling!

Comments

  1. I LOVE the pictures. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back