Christmas Books

I love Christmas books.  I've collected a few over the years.  This year I went on a search for some new ones.  We checked out bunches from the library to try.  Here are four that were winners with all of us.





"Dream Snow" by Eric Carle.  I love Eric Carle books and hadn't stumbled across this one yet.  The surprise at the end was fun.  This is a great book for toddlers and preschoolers.





This is a sweet story of how our unintentional sharing brings joy to those around us.  
Plus it made me chuckle!






I normally don't go in for snowmen at Christmas time - they are just not my thing, 
but I really loved this story and appreciated that it didn't make Snowmen the point of Christmas.  There was actual reference to the Savior as the reason for Christmas.






Oh goodness, how I loved this sweet story.  Of all four books, this one may have made my voice crack and my eyes water - which always makes my children turn to look and see what's going on while I'm reading.  Not too long for preschoolers, perfect for early elementary age, and very touching.


Having a hard time deciding which to add to our permanent collection, but I think the Jonathan Toomey book is the one I want to read every year.

Comments

  1. My MIL gave us the Mr Willowby one several years ago, as it had a been a favorite of hers as a child I think (or when her kids were little?). I love that one. I'll have to check out your other suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back