Summer Fun - June

Life has been REALLY nice lately.  I love summer.  Why can't it be summer all the time?  I have more kids at home and we have time to do fun stuff!

***Did I mention in a previous post that Faith is crawling now?  She's getting fast.  Unfortunately she sticks everything that she comes across into her mouth.  I've spent a lot of time cleaning my floors lately trying to get to stuff before she does.

***Logan is at scout camp this week.  The scout leader said that since we live in the Forest, this year for camp the kids were going to the city, with a brief foray to Sugarloaf Mountain for some star gazing with the cool telescopes there.  Below - the go-carts they did on their first day out.



***Other benefit of summer - I can hear Hannah play piano.  (Can I just have a proud mama moment here - look at my darling, beautiful 16 year old)




***Today Brynne painted Logan's room.  It's been needing a fresh coat of paint.  We decided that scout camp week was the week to do it, but were too busy until today.  



Keeping the kids occupied one Sunday we took silly photos:




My baby trying to escape to play with the big kids.



***Kenna and Natalie sliced and pitted an entire 20lb box of apricots for me so that we could dehydrate them.  Their little hands were tired by the end, but the persevered with a minimum of complaining.

***Got report cards today.  I don't have one of Hannah's grades - from the college - but the remainder were A's.  Logan and Brynne both got a B in PE.  Who gets a B in PE?  Next year there will be consequences for a B in PE.  Weird, because I know Logan loves PE.  
Whatevs.

***We took all the toys out of the family room.  It is not longer a play room.  It is a family room/guest room.  Long story short, Josh and I decided we needed to make the space more welcoming for our teens and their friends.  Legos on the floor and no place to sit are not it.  So we found a cheap couch at goodwill that we don't care if it gets jumped on or food spilled on it.  I rearranged the little girls' room to make room for toys (mostly by moving Faith into Logan's room, which needed to happen anyway).  It's been SO nice.  We all hang out more upstairs.  Plus, the kids have had several movie nights with their friends - so SUCCESS!

***Having someone working at the chocolate store is DANGEROUS.  
Need I say more?





Comments

  1. I recognize Hannah's shirt and sweater. Glad they are being worn. This is Devon by the way. Sounds like your summer is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go-karts at cubcamp? That is SO cool!
    Miss my little Faithy.
    I want PICS of the family room and Logan's newly painted room!
    Who works at a chocolate store?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

Lion to Lamb - March Madness

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!