In response to my last post -

you are right that it came down from Salt Lake.  I ended up being able to go - I left Brynne home and took Hannah (Brynne also ended up babysitting the boys of our Bishop who just brought his younger kids with him).  Of course, I spent almost the entire meeting in the foyer with Faith who refused to take a nap.  She was SO excited to be at that meeting!

Anyway.  I do know that it's nice for the youth to be at the meetings, it's just hard.  Trading off doesn't  always work.  We are lucky to have somewhere to leave the kids, unlike many families in our stake.  Josh couldn't really leave to trade off with me, not to mention it would be a minimum 30 minute switch, and Logan's not ready to babysit his sisters at night.

I don't have an alternative for Salt Lake either, other than to stream the meeting online?  It's not the same, but it's not too bad.

************

I ate at a Red Lobster for the first time.  Not being a big shrimp/shellfish kind of girl, I wasn't sure what to order.  I didn't love the lobster I tried, enjoyed the crab (already de-shelled), and thought the coconut shrimp with pina colada dip was yummy even if it was shrimp.  Biscuits were divine.  I have a copycat recipe so I'll have to try it out now that I know what they are supposed to taste like.


************

I stopped pumping again!  This baby girl of mine is so funny.  After a couple days of pumping almost exclusively she got obviously fussy about bottle feeding so I nursed her and she was SO HAPPY.  She has stopped complaining about nursing so much.  Maybe I scared her straight?  I don't know if that's even possible with a three month old.  She's gotten super happy lately, too.  She spins in circles on the floor and ends up a couple feet from where she started.  She rolled over from front to back once - all that noggin weight!

I had dairy accidentally this weekend and she started spitting up again.  She had virtually stopped, so I'm confident that the dairy is the culprit in her diet.  Which I'm adjusting too.  I am making dairy-free Magic Bars tonight (which also makes them much healthier because there is no sweetened condensed milk - I found a recipe to make my own with coconut milk and honey).  I can have moderate amounts of butter it seems, so I haven't cut that out but I have cut way back.  For instance I put melted coconut oil on my popcorn instead (super good, by the way).  I'm also subbing with guacamole for cheese in my sandwiches, salads, and mexican foods.


Comments

  1. Funny that when I was doing no dairy that I didn't have any problems with butter either. Hmmm. I ended up finding some recipes that I liked a lot better as dairy-free - pumpkin pie made with coconut milk, and homemade donuts, too. You know, another thing to try on sandwiches is hummus. The good news is that if Faith is anything like my two dairy intolerant babies, you only have a couple more months left of this!! Can I take you out to ice cream when it's all over?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, you can buy the Red Lobster biscuit mix at Sam's club here...and probably Walmart, too. Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back