Due Date!

Tomorrow is that magical date that we've been waiting for since the middle of March when we realized a new baby was on it's way.

I may have high hopes that this baby will come SOON, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

After another visit with my doctor, I haven't dilated any more than I was last week, which wasn't much.  Bummer.
But when it finally happens, it will happen fast, I'm sure.  I'm usually pretty quick.  I've been going on walks and eating pineapple and chocolate to no avail all week.  I'm kind of pineappled-out, actually.   The really crazy and bizarre news is that I actually lost a pound.  Like, seriously.  Is that what other people experience who don't have out-of-control weight gain during their pregnancies?  I'm eating whatever I want and as much of it as my squished stomach can take and I'm NOT gaining any weight.  Doctor hasn't seemed concerned - he hasn't even mentioned my weight, so it must not be an issue.  I'm just so incredibly grateful that I haven't packed on 20 extra pounds after all that Halloween candy.  Yikes.  Thought for sure I was in trouble there.  At 40 weeks, my weight gain to date is 26 lbs.  This is a totally new but super awesome experience.


Funny story:  after my appointment (at which Josh was able to be with me) I went home and had a huge bowl of apple crisp and vanilla ice cream.  Josh laughed and asked if I was trying to make up the missing pound.  Well, I was hungry!  And feeling frivolous!

With no end to this pregnancy in sight, I've decided to just stop thinking about it and get on with my life.  Start those projects I've been holding off on (I can't think of a better way to get a baby to come than to make it rrrreeeaalllyy inconvenient for her to come).  Except for painting.  I think I'll wait on that as I don't want my house to smell of paint fumes when she comes home.


In other family news:
*Hannah and Brynne have Young Women in Excellence on Saturday.  Brynne is going to play a violin solo, and she is singing in part of a trio.  Hannah is making a display about....something.  I don't think she knows yet!   Wish I could be there - it's one of my favorite YW activities.

*Logan's Lego Robotics competition is this weekend.  I'm so bummed to be missing it.  I can't wait to hear all about it.

*Kenna made dinner tonight!  It was so nice.  We had chicken and bean quesadillas (can you tell I'm into simple meals these days?).  She prepared them all on her own and I manned the griddle.  She's almost six and her maturity and capability has been growing by leaps and bounds lately.

*Natalie was in her first Primary Program on Sunday.  She was hilarious to watch.  She loves attention and so during every song she did at least one weird thing with her face.  Yes, she is THAT child.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back