Covid-19 stinks

We are 8 weeks into the weirdest experience of our lives.  Can you believe this has actually happened?   There's too much that has happened since I last posted over two months ago to even go into everything so I'll just start where we are with a few quick catch-ups....

1.  Natalie turned 10.
2.  We went to Idaho for half of spring break and Nova was blessed.
3.  Brynne came home from Mexico.
4.  Logan turned 17.
5.  Everything under the sun was cancelled

And that's about where we stand.  Now as homeschoolers our lives didn't change dramatically like I imagine other people's lives have.  Most of my kids were already home with me for good parts of every day.  But it's still changed!  I like it a lot in some ways.  I'm miserable in others.  I feel like I've been learning a good balance and figuring out how to have my social needs met in new ways.  My kids have been more of a challenge because you just can't trust kids to maintain a 6-foot social distance.  (Although with that said, we've seen cousins and we just recently started hanging out with another family in our ward).  So have we been 100%? No.  Have we kept sane?  Yes.

What else...let's talk about Church at home.

THAT is my FAVORITE thing ever!  Oh man.  The extreme reduction in busyness for our family has been huge.  Josh's load is so much less and I honestly haven't missed planning singing times (although I enjoy them).  I told Josh that Sundays feel complete.  Like before it was a race to hurry, get up, get ready, get to church, do all the church things, have the meetings and firesides and whatnot, feed us, have some sort of spiritual feeling family time...it seemed impossible.  With Church at home I honestly feel like we have SO MUCH TIME.  We all sleep in (for us that's like 8am) and enjoy lazy mornings.  I do a short Primary with the kids while Josh has a quick Zoom Ward Council.  We have Church around 10 or 11am when we're all basically ready.    We do some Family history or play some games, take a short hike, make something yummy to eat.  It's basically the best day of my life every week!  Part of me hopes that Church at home never ends.  The other thing I'm loving is no mutual.  Is that bad?  I mean I love Mutual for my kids, but I love No Mutual too.  Does that make sense?  No rushing out the door right after dinner.  No meetings for Josh multiple times a week.  We love church and our church family but doing without some of the busyness has made life amazing.

That leaves me to wondering how we can preserve the best parts of quarantine and slow down real life a little bit.  If you have ideas I'd love to hear them.


The Richardsons are doing swell.  Life is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

complaint

June bugs part 2 - missionary love!

'May' you always have the wind at your back