I was so irritated on Sunday. Stake Conference is this weekend and it was announced that our visiting GA was inviting all youth 12+ to the Saturday evening adult session. I immediately thought: "Thank you for un-inviting me , and many of my friends". Any mom in the stake with children until 12 probably won't be there. Unless Grandma steps in. I vented my frustration to my poor husband. He just assumed that I would take precedence over attending and one of our older girls would babysit. I told him that's not how moms think -and most likely that other moms in the stake wouldn't be leaving their teens at home. Plus, what about those moms who only have young children? You've just effectively taken away all their babysitters. He said that he did make this argument a month ago when the meeting was being discussed. I guess he got outvoted. When these sorts of decisions come down - I have to say that it makes me grumpy. Don't the people making...
I think you've heard the story - A piñata was delivered to our house one evening. Filled with candy and little stuffed bears asking if the girls could "bear" to go to Prom with the boys. I love how into this Faith is. She's not even just waiting for her share of the candy! They answered by saying they'd be "lion" if they said they didn't want to go. Too cute. So the big day arrived.... The hair. I did Hannah's. Brynne did her own. She's got skillz . We bought these dresses from Amazon. Can you believe it? Hannah's was hemmed about a foot shorter by a nice lady in our ward. I used hem tape to take Brynne's up a bit in front and I added a very light black liner to the top lace. Turned out great. And super modest - they didn't even need a cover up - BAZINGA! The boys arriving. This is Matt (our Stake President's son) and Alex. ...
We had no name chosen before going to the hospital. We did have several revolving short lists. When the kids came to visit we decided to have them weigh in and help us choose the perfect name for our newest family member. I think Josh, Hannah, and Brynne were the most decided about what names they liked best, with Faith being the one that they all had in common. Logan gave it a thumbs up (that was about the extent of his contribution - ha, ha). Choosing a middle name for Faith was harder because it is such a solid sounding name that doesn't really flow into anything else. In August when we were in Utah, our friends helped us make lists of potential names. Aspen was on those lists and was one that we instantly liked, but we didn't think we wanted it for a first name. We have a tendency to shorten names/create nicknames...and Aspen leads to a doozy. So we had ruled it out as a name option, but still really liked it. When Josh suggested u...
Comments
Post a Comment